Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grabbers (Lead Sentences)...

The students finished brainstorming their grabbers and were able to share them in class today. A few of them wanted me to post them. They came up with these grabbers all on their own. We have talked about different ways to grab your reader's attention. These are just a few of what they came up with. ** Disclaimer: These are completely made up and not true.
Jordan: The Day I saw a Flying Banana, The Day I Lost my Underclothes...
Patrick: Last year I put a snake in my mom's bed...
Lauren: "Mom, Sam peed on the floor!", Jordan threw up in my bed...
Caroline: The Hillbilly football team got sick and the cheerleaders had to play the ballgame...,
The day I got stuck in the Coca Cola truck...
Savanna: One time I got stolen by Spongebob..., "Mommy, the big fat pig ate my honey!..."
Kyle: Santa Claus came in the summer..., "There's a rattle snake in the house! Ah! Ah! Ah!...
Tristan: One day my dad hit a skunk on our way to Pepaw's cabin...
Seylor: "911, My uncle is sick...", "Watch out! A deer Whoopsee..."
Trinity: "Mom, Are you a shark?..."
Victor: I went to Hawaii and got burned by lava..., Don't go into the girl's bathroom! Ah! Ah!...
Carson D.: I saw a snake slithering in the cake...
Heather: "I put my dog on my mom and she screamed..."
Jasmine: My mom ate my pencil...
Zach: I went to the scary house, Jason chased us, we had to split up and find a way out...,
The day I was born a funny thing happend...
Andrew: I turned into Tony Hawk...

I am very proud of them!!! I can not wait to read the stories that come from these grabbers!!

No comments: